Active processes may affect data, tags, reports, and other information about your cloud services. You may need to check the status of a process you've started, or whether processing is occurring, so you'll know that the data you are viewing may temporarily be incorrect.
The bell icon in the upper right corner of the HPE Consumption Analytics Portal screen shows the number of active processes currently running:
The icon is grayed out when there are no active processes or previously completed processes available to view (see note below).
To view active background processes
The Active Processes dialog shows you a list of processes currently running.
- If a process is running while you are logged in, you can view the list.
- If any processes complete while you are logged in, you can view the completed processes.
Any completed processes are cleared from the list once you close it.
The types of processes shown in the Active Processes dialog can include:
- Collecting data - for example, when you manually recollect data for your collection.
- Reprocessing data - for example, when you run SmartTags rules or when you change your currency in account preferences.
- Deleting collection - for example, when an HPE Consumption Analytics Portal administrator deletes a collection for you (you cannot currently delete your own collections. but an HPE Consumption Analytics Portal administrator will perform this operation at your request).
- Reindexing data for all collections - (an HPE Consumption Analytics Portal administrator will perform this action on your behalf if we see an issue with your data).
Each process shows the number of sub-tasks completed, as well as the elapsed time.
- A date range appears when the process affects data from a particular range. For example, a date range shows when you start a recollection of data.
- A date range does not appear when the process can affect all data. For example, no date range appears during currency conversion.